LouieWilliamsJr.com - "Me Gotta Blog Now"

Friday, June 17, 2005

My Wife, My Dad, and The Smoking Gun

Happy Anniversary, Mary!!!

This week marked the second anniversary of my marriage to my best friend in the world, my wife Mary. :)

On June 14, 2003, behind the “chicken house” on her parents’ farm just north of Rome, GA, we exchanged our vows with both of our immediate families present. The service was officiated by her father, a retired Methodist minister.

Mary and I met back in the Fall of 1993 at a Toastmasters conference in Marietta, GA, and were good friends for several years. In August of 2001, at the Toastmasters International Convention in Anaheim, CA, we “kicked it up a notch”. Several months later (April, 2002), I asked her to marry me, we got married over a year later, and it has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

Mary, thank you for the love, support, and companionship that you have given me and I can never repay you enough. As Randy Travis once sang, “I’m gonna love you forever and ever, amen.” :)

Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

Over 40 years ago, I came into this world and into the loving arms of two wonderful parents who had just started a life together less than 4 years earlier.

My dad, Louie, Sr., has been a wonderful parent who believed in the right balance between love and discipline, something I don’t seem to see in too many dads these days.

His love, encouragement, and the occasional “kick in the butt” were the things that helped me become the law-abiding, educated person I am today. I am also proud to say that he also contributed to the success and well-being of my brother, Chris, a Naval Academy grad who proudly serves Uncle Sam as a naval officer in D.C., and my sister, Laura, who has a great job as a computer trainer and helpdesk support analyst in Atlanta.

He is also the proud grandfather of my niece, Stella, a child Laura and her husband Lib adopted from Kazakhstan 2 years ago as an infant, and the newest addition to the family, my newborn nephew Zach, the child of Chris and his wife, Fariha. To them, he is “Papa”, the name that Laura, Chris, and I called our paternal grandfather, who went to be with the Lord over 30 years ago.

Mary and I will be visiting my parents this weekend and I hope that you will do the same with yours.

Happy Father’s Day to Chris, Lib, and most of all, my dad!!! :)

And finally...

Celebrity Mugshots From “The Smoking Gun”

If you’re ever interested in seeing the mugshots of various famous and infamous people, especially actors and singers who have had brushes with the law, then I highly recommend you visit The Smoking Gun (TSG) website (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/).

TSG also contains such information as Terri Schiavo’s autopsy report, and various other legal and forensic documents related to famous folks.

Here’s the direct web link to the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department mugshot of our favorite “Runaway Bride”:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/wilbanksmug1.html

Can you say “deer in the headlights”, boys and girls?

One of my personal mugshot favorites is this one of long-since-has-been singer Glen Campbell, who was busted a couple of years ago for DUI in Phoenix, AZ:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/campbellmug1.html

Boy, does he look drunk, old, and decrepit.

While in his highly inebriated state, Glen “serenaded” his Phoenix police captors by singing “Rhinestone Cowboy” (the biggest hit of his career) over and over and over again, plus constantly reminded them that “I’m Glen Campbell!!!” When that didn’t work, he kicked the cop duty sergeant in the groin.

Like many celebs (even has-beens) who have run-ins with the law, he got a “slap on the wrist” (10 days in a cushy jail cell away from the general popluation, and for his “community service”, he had to do a free show for the pink-and-white clad inmates at the Maricopa County “Tent City” Jail. His set included, of all songs, the old Bobby Bare song “I Wanna Go Home”.)

To Glen’s credit, he’s a very talented musician and I enjoy his music from the 60’s and 70’s, especially the songs that songwriter Jimmy Webb wrote for him (“By The Time I Get To Phoenix”, “Galveston”, etc.), but I’m not exactly happy that celebs such as him get “star treatment” behind bars compared to the rest of those poor slobs who are “cuffed and stuffed”.
Before I go, here's one more of my "favorites" from TSG:
Lesson #1, Boys and Girls: Don't tell people you like to have little boys in your bed!!! (Can you say "pervert"?)
Well, that’s all for today. Thanks for visiting and please come back again.