LouieWilliamsJr.com - "Me Gotta Blog Now"

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day, a day we, as Americans, set aside to honor those who have served our country in our armed forces and those who currently do so.

North Georgia College (yes, it's still NGC to me and always will be) has produced more than its share of veterans since its founding in 1873. Whenever you are on campus, take some time to visit the memorial at Memorial Hall.

Here in the Williams family, my little brother Chris, a 1994 U.S. Naval Academy alum, serves our great nation proudly as a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy. Currently, he is stationed at the Pentagon, but his next sea duty will be back at Kings Bay, Georgia, where he will be an XO of a "boomer" (nuclear ballistic missle submarine). Chris, thanks for your service. We love you and appreciate all you do for your fellow Americans. :)

Also, on this day in 1960, my parents, Louie Sr. and Linda, were married. Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!!! :)

Come to think of it, it's kinda funny that my folks were married on Veterans Day 1960, plus my wife Mary and I were married on Flag Day 2003 (June 14th). I guess us Williamses like to marry folks on patriotic days. :)

Since I am a State of Georgia employee, I have the day off today.

No matter what your personal views are regarding the current situation (Afghanistan and Iraq), please take some time to remember those who have served our nation and those who currently do so. They'd really appreciate it.

If you'd like to drop me a line, then please feel free to e-mail me at louie#louiewilliamsjr.com (NOTE: "Spam" filter in effect.)

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting and please visit often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home