LouieWilliamsJr.com - "Me Gotta Blog Now"

Monday, June 27, 2005

Here's Your Sign

One of my favorite comedians is Bill Engvall, whose best-known routine is "Here's Your Sign".
The gist of if is that stupid folks should have to wear a sign saying "I'm Stupid!", so that the rest of us are aware that we can't depend on them.

For example, here's one of my favorites of his "Here's Your Sign" jokes:

Bill pulls into a gas station with a flat tire.

The attendant comes up to him, looks at the tire, and then looks at him and asks, "Did your tire go flat?".

Bill answers, "Nope. I was driving down the road and the other three just swelled right up.... here's your sign."

Recently, I thought of a couple of my own "Here's Your Sign" scenarios:

- You're studying for a test and someone comes up to you and asks, "Are you studying?", to which you may reply, "Nope. I'm just going through this book page-by-page to see how many words and pictures it has... here's your sign."

- You're having a production problem at work and have paged the on-call analyst, who calls you back and asks, "Is there a problem?", to which you may reply, "Nope. I was feeling lonely and just needed someone to talk to... here's your sign."

Perhaps you have some "Here's Your Sign" scenarios that you have thought of. Heaven know s the world is full of such incidents where you'd like to give a person the sign that says "I'm Stupid!" Listen to any of the "News of the Weird" or "Knuckleheads in the News" stories and you'll know exactly what I'm blogging about.

BTW, I firmly believe our favorite "runaway bride" should have to wear that sign herself, especially after her recent interview with Katie Couric... and please give one to her fiancee while you're at it, so that they can have "his and hers" matching signs.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks again for visiting and please come back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home