LouieWilliamsJr.com - "Me Gotta Blog Now"

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

What Do You Mean I Can't Say "Merry Christmas"?!!!

Has the "political correctness" (PC) in this nation gotten out of control or what?

For example, it is alleged that employees of Target and the State of Illinois are forbidden to say "Merry Christmas" while on the job. WHAT A HEAPING LOAD OF RUBBISH THAT IS!!!

I do realize that not everyone in the world celebrates Christmas and I respect the rights of others to celebrate holidays that are relevant to their respective cultures and religions (Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Ramadan, etc.), but that does not give them the right to tell me that it is wrong for me to celebrate my chosen holiday (Christmas).

Those self-appointed "PC police" want everyone to be "tolerant", which, on the surface, sounds great, given that we are all equal in the eyes of God. However, their definition of "tolerance" is that we must be tolerant of them, but they don't have to be tolerant of us. WHAT HYPOCRITES!!!

Another disgusting example of "out-of-control PC" is local governments that will not erect "Christmas trees", but instead, they will erect "holiday trees". Last I checked, the decorated tree concept is a Christmas symbol used to celebrate the Christmas season. Furthermore, if a government wants to erect a nativity scene to depict the birth of Jesus Christ (the first and foremost reason for Christmas, BTW), that's cool. If they want to throw in a Hannukah menorrah and relevant symbols for other holidays that occur in December, then hey, that's cool, too. Just don't tell me I cannot celebrate Christmas or wish others a "Merry Christmas"!!!

OOPS... I just realized that I said "God". I can hear the sirens now as the "PC police" are pursuing me. Seriously, what are they going to do if they arrest me... throw me in a Communist-style "re-education camp"? STICK IT IN YOUR EAR, "PC POLICE"!!!

What can you do to "sock it to the PC police"? Simple... although it is someone else's right to worship and express their views as they see fit, insist that they respect your God-given right as an American to worship and express your views as you see fit. After all, our own Constitution guarantees that right to everyone here in this great nation.

Now that I've finished "spewing", I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

God (Yes, I said "God" and I'm darn proud of it) bless you and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home